Thursday, June 14, 2012

348 BY EMILY DICKINSON(1830-1886)

                                               I dreaded that first Robbin, so,
                                               But He is a mastered, now,
                                               I'm some accustomed to Him grown,
                                               He hurts a little, though-


                                               I thought if I could only live
                                               Till the first Shout got by-
                                               Not all Pianos in the Woods
                                               Had power to mangle me-


                                               I dared not meet Daffodils-
                                               For fear their Yellow Gown
                                               Would pierce me with a fashion
                                               So foreign to my own-


                                               I wished the Grass would hurry-
                                               So- when 'twas time to see-
                                               He'd be too tall, the tallest one 
                                               Could stretch- to look at me-


                                               I could not bear the Bees should come,
                                               I wished they'd stay away
                                               In those dim countries where they go,
                                               What would had they, for me?


                                               They're here, though; not a creature failed-
                                               No Bloosom stayed away
                                               In gentle deference to me -
                                               The Queen of Calvary


                                                Each one salutes me, as he goes,
                                                And I, my childish Plumes,
                                                Lift, in bereaved acknowledgement
                                                Of their unthinking Drums -
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment